Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Lusty Bagel with Cream Cheese and Tomato


One of the reasons I took up gardening a few years ago is that I wanted some certifiably home grown tomatoes to pull ripe and warm off the plant and exalt over on a bagel with cream cheese. This is the essence of summer flavors for me.

My large tomatoes haven't come in quite yet, but we have received a few gorgeous tomatoes in our weekly CSA box. I didn't intend for this tomato to look like it's smiling. I'm a little bummed about that actually because it detracts from the real focus of the photo: look at the amazing deep red of that tomato!!! Look how gorgeous and succulent it is! It's almost like a persimmon, the ways it's just drizzling out of its skin with juiciness. It was simply fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment