Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 4 - Week of August 9


Craving Levity



This is what our family will be eating this week:

Special Notes: I'm taking everything from the "You on a Diet" book. I can't say I've actually done the whole diet / exercise program outlined in the book, but I have given a number of the recipes a stab and they're very good. They're also easy and quick to make. It's funny, but this is one of the best cookbooks I've used, as far as the recipes being well written and consistently producing yummy food. I'm ready for a change and thought I'd give the whole two-week "You on a Diet" thing a spin. We'll see what results I get in energy or weight! The "diet" involves exercise as well, and you have to follow it for breakfast and lunch as well, but I'm just listing the dinners here. 

Monday: Asian Salmon with Brown Rice Pilaf (p. 285, You on a Diet)

Tuesday: Stuffed Whole Wheat Pizza (p. 287, You on a Diet)

Wednesday: Mediterranean Chicken with Tomato, Olives and Herbed White Beans (p. 289, You on a Diet)


Thursday: Royal Pasta Primavera Provençale (p. 290, You on a Diet)

Friday: Apricot Chicken and Green Beans with Almond Slivers (p. 291, You on a Diet)

Saturday: Turkey Tortilla Wraps with Red Baked Potato (p. 292, You on a Diet)

Sunday: Broiled Trout, Orata with Rosemary and Lemon, Rock Aparagus (p. 293 & p. 301, You on a Diet)


Further Inspiration:
Looking for more menu planning ideas? Check out "Meal Plan Monday" on OrgJunkie.com.


Info on Who I Feed:
Our family consists of myself, my husband, our preschool daughter and toddler son. Everyone has different food preferences. I love onions, garlic and peppers and flavors like stir-fries. I'm not fond of meat, but eat it sparingly. I don't ever eat pork (no, not even bacon), lamb, rabbit or veal. I love carbs. My husband is directly opposite - no garlic, onions or peppers, lots of meat. Our children fall in the range between us. 


I try to be budget-minded and healthful, but some weeks are easier than others. Every now and then I get on a diet type of kick. I'm going to label each week's meal plan according to the overall healthfulness of it. 


At the end of the week, I will make notes about whether or not we stuck to the plan, adaptations and how the meal went over.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really good menu! Have a wonderful week,

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete