Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 3 - Week of August 2


Feeding Hungry Athletes


This is what our family will be eating this week:

Special Notes: This week my husband will be out on Tuesday night, so I get to prepare a simple meal that he usually isn't fond of. On Saturday, he's riding a century on his bike (100 miles... like a marathon for cyclists), so I really want to carb and protein-load him afterward. In addition, we belong to a CSA, which we pick up our food from on Wednesdays. This last week's box had a fair amount of beets and potatoes, which I'm going to need to use ASAP. Finally, our pear tree is booming... I think on Saturday I'll plan to make pear-based pierogies for Sunday. We're off to a family gathering on Sunday, so it would be nice to show up with something in-hand. 

Monday: Apricot Chickenwith Green Beans and Almonds (p. 291 You on a Diet)

Tuesday: Summer Pasta with Garden Tomatoes, Basil and Parmesan

Wednesday: Rosemary Shallot Pork Tenderloin with Fig-Balsamic Compote by Gabi Moskowitz over at Broke Ass Gourmet, served with roasted potatoes and beets

Thursday: Taco Thursday with Ground Turkey

Friday: Asian Steak and Noodles (p. 48 The Working Mom's Fast & Easy One-Pot Cooking)

Saturday: Pasta with Sausage Spaghetti Sauce

Sunday: Leftovers, Gabi Moskowitz's Sweet Potato and Pear Pierogies with Chilies (after a Mid-Day Family Meal at Sister-in-Law's)


Further Inspiration:
Looking for more menu planning ideas? Check out "Meal Plan Monday" on OrgJunkie.com.

Info on Who I Feed:
Our family consists of myself, my husband, our preschool daughter and toddler son. Everyone has different food preferences. I love onions, garlic and peppers and flavors like stir-fries. I'm not fond of meat, but eat it sparingly. I don't ever eat pork (no, not even bacon), lamb, rabbit or veal. I love carbs. My husband is directly opposite - no garlic, onions or peppers, lots of meat. Our children fall in the range between us. 


I try to be budget-minded and healthful, but some weeks are easier than others. Every now and then I get on a diet type of kick. I'm going to label each week's meal plan according to the overall healthfulness of it. 


At the end of the week, I will make notes about whether or not we stuck to the plan, adaptations and how the meal went over.

No comments:

Post a Comment