Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 1 - Week of July 19


A Week of Home-Style, "Comfort*" Foods My Children Might Eat
*Just like "charming" = teensy in realtor-speak, "comfort" = not healthy in menu-speak


This is what our family will be eating this week:

Special Notes: My husband will be out of town Wed - Fri, so mid-week is oriented to more child-friendly fare.

Monday: Country Style BBQ Short Ribs (adapted from a pork rib recipe), Roasted Potato "Fries," Romaine Salad

Tuesday: Taco Tuesday

Wednesday: Fish 'n Chips style fish sticks (Whole Foods, mix of potatoes and fish), salad

Thursday: Annie's Mac and Cheese with Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans, Carrots

Friday: Pizza - Trader Joe's pepperoni pizza, salad

Saturday: Cheddar and Cracker Chicken, Steamed Baby Broccoli, Roasted Potatoes


Sunday:No idea. I'll let you know when I get there!

Further Inspiration:

Here are some other inspired menus I liked this week and want to remember for future weeks.
Alli 'n Son's Toddler Lunches look great, as do the meals
Food on the Table's meals look very yummy and adult-oriented
The Common Room has a great week of meals to prepare with children. The page took forever to load, but it looks worth the wait!
Finally, Life as Mom's Menu Plan Monday post isn't so inspiring from a food perspective, but has some interesting links to other posts about meal planning.


Looking for more menu planning ideas? Check out "Meal Plan Monday" on OrgJunkie.com.

Info on Who I Feed:
Our family consists of myself, my husband, our preschool daughter and toddler son. Everyone has different food preferences. I love onions, garlic and peppers and flavors like stir-fries. I'm not fond of meat, but eat it sparingly. I don't ever eat pork (no, not even bacon), lamb, rabbit or veal. I love carbs. My husband is directly opposite - no garlic, onions or peppers, lots of meat. Our children fall in the range between us. 


I try to be budget-minded and healthful, but some weeks are easier than others. Every now and then I get on a diet type of kick. I'm going to label each week's meal plan according to the overall healthfulness of it. 


At the end of the week, I will make notes about whether or not we stuck to the plan, adaptations and how the meal went over.

No comments:

Post a Comment